Thursday 13 January 2011






No school today and it's really nice to have a breather from language learning. Amazing that after just 7 days I feel as though I'm emerging from my own little world and starting to understand more of what is being said around me. It's nice and is really making me feel more at home. Have also met really nice people on my course (from all corners of the globe) and it's so good to have people to moan to about the weather and the high prices!
(no recipe for those cookies, just threw together lots of seeds,raisins oats with a sugar/water mix and baked them on a low heat)

7 comments:

  1. I can't help asking. Where are you taking the courses? Is it at Blindern? I have many friends who have been studying Norwegian there, and they struggled hard, but everything turned out fine in the end:-) They even seem to understand my version of 'Dorwegian':-) (Danish and Norwegian mixture)
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie- No, my course is at voksenopplæringssenteret at Emma Hought. It's run by the Government and each Kommune has a centre. It's free for refugees (although as a "love"refugee I don't qualify for free lessons!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your determination to learn another language and one that is so different to English. Well done!!! It's good to make new friends too!

    I have been enjoying your snow pictures as well.

    Just noticed your settee, is it from Ikea by any chance as I have just ordered something very similar? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Flora- Yes, our sofas are from Ikea and they are from the Karlstad range.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is doing the same here, learning Finnish, so I can understand what you are going thru. Good luck learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Language does really open up a place doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisa,

    How amazing! I have ordered your sofa! and even more amazing I think I must have seen an earlier picture of your sofa from another of your blogs and subconciously registered I liked it and then unconciously decided I would like a grey sofa (having been asking my husband for 8 years for a new one). Anyway thanks - you have great taste in furniture! And well done to count to 100! Very useful when shopping!

    PS. my husband spotted those cookies and has asked me to make them! I'll give it a go.

    ReplyDelete